New build advice

bobbee

Not the same model, but it provides a good idea of the diypc quality.
(the one I referenced is the vanguard-V6-RGB case, no glass in the front. external drive bays)

Learn how to filter the reviews it's usually the the top. Example Newegg it's on the top left what you do is click the X to disable related reviews then you will see the reviews on the specific product. Mostly the same on Amazon.

bobbee

Never noticed that option, will be using that a lot in the future.

Is anyone familiar with the diypc vanguard-V6-RGB case. I haven't seen any reviews on it.
Case purchases are subjective at best and really a personal choice. That said, does the case meet your physical requirements?

For me at that price point I would look a Corsair mid tower line. Corsair is well known for their great design and case air flow and high quality construction and their case fans are superior to just about anything on the market.

crjdriver

The above is very true. The choice of a case is very subjective; what I like you may not like. Personally I dislike RGB, windows, etc however that is me. I much prefer a silent system. My current case is an antec P101 with sound deadening, no windows, and lots of room for liquid cooling [necessary if you want a silent system]
Look for a case that meets your needs.

bobbee

I have always used the Corsairs before and was looking at the Corsair obsidian 450, however this diypc case has the 4 usbs on the front which I could really use and seems to have more pizazz. play it safe or take a chance, so I am trying to decide how much of a chance. The user reviews seem to be pretty good.

crjdriver

Many coolermaster cases have 4 USB ports [two usb2 and two usb3] My antec case also has the four USB ports.

bobbee

Another issue is that when you find a case you like, sold out everywhere.
This diypc one seems to be a solid case, whats your opinion ?
(there is one left)

I went with the trend with the RGB for my new case. See here. As the market is moving away from CD/DVD drives, I went bayless as well. If I ever need to use CD/DVD again I'll just get a portable drive. My need for USB ports on the case didn't matter. My previous ThermalTake OverSeer RX 1 had 2 and 2. I only ever used one at a time any way.

bobbee

I guess I am old school, don't want to have to dig out portable dvd players and card readers.
I prefer to have it all in one case. Most of the cases now are designed for gaming versus practical use, but as I said I must be old school. I could find one with a coffee machine built in, one less thing cluttering the office.

crjdriver

It is not just cases that are sold out. A seasonic pw supply that was $150~160 at the beginning of the year is now way over $300 IF you can find it. Motherboards have jumped in price as well as many other parts. The supply chain from china has been interrupted and it is going to take a few months for things to work out.

I guess I am old school, don't want to have to dig out portable dvd players and card readers.
It's not a question of old school or not.....it's the market (mfg) making the changes as it's old tech and being phased out. As USB ports are increasing in data speeds and new tech coming in. Everything is moving to digital downloads and storage media, USB being the forefront with Gen 3/3.1/3.2 and then Thunderbolt.

. I could find one with a coffee machine built in, one less thing cluttering the office.
That's too funny!

I was with you in your thinking as old school for the longest time. I just made this move to the bayless and readerless hardware. I'm not an early adopter but it's either join or get left behind kinda of thing..

As crjdriver pointed out.....Covid-19 has really put a halt to mfg and just about all the high quality hardware is hard to find on any online site. Especially mobo's, GPU and PSU.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online