1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

New Build fans starting up and turning on and off no display

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Jmiller444, Feb 15, 2017.

Advertisement
  1. Jmiller444

Jmiller444 Thread Starter

My build is this http://www.pcgamer.com/best-gaming-pc/except right now I have a 6th gen i3 inside so I can do my bios update(if it ever starts up). It turns the fans on and then they shut down repeatedly there is no display.

2. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor

1. Welcome to Tech Support Guy
    2. Your post suggests you have some knowledge as you are aware that certain processors require a more recent firmware - so you are starting with the i3.
    3. Which i3 please
    4. As mentioned at 2 - I do not therefore wish to waste your time or mine on basics - so please tell me what checks you have made

3. Jmiller444

Jmiller444 Thread Starter

1. thanks
    2. I am actually a software guy trying to branch out a little bit so my knowledge is limited.
    3. i3-6100 3.7 ghz 3mb cache lga1151
    4. I put it together outside of the case as suggested and now the heatsink fan doesn't even turn on.

4. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor

1. I would recommend you check ALL connections to ensure they are correctly seated and the clip if there is one engaged
    Especially the main power connection and the CPU AUX 12 volt power which on that board is 6 pin and is on the top edge above the processor and to the left of the CPU and System fan connectors

2. If you do not have CPU power connected it will not boot

3. After checking all connections TRY again if of course anything found to be wrong
    If all was OK with connections then take out ram in DIMM2 insert ONLY one stick of ram in DIMM1 which is slot nearest processor and of course ensure ram is seated fully and clips in place on edges of stick and try again

4. What PSU are you using please make and full model

5. Also try taking out graphics card and connection on I/O plate using integrated graphics on i3

6. That Palit card GTX 1070

Graphics Card Power 170 W
    Minimum Recommended System Power 500 W
    Supplementary Power Connectors 8-pin x 1
    Did you have card power connected - 8 pin

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1185397