new build issues

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

badperson

Hi,

In this post
there is a detail of the hardware I have.

This is an 8 core amd machine.
I have win xp dual booted with kubuntu.

I have two 500 gig hard drives installed. I put in the 2nd one after installing windows. Both drives are detected in bios, but neither windows nor linux sees the second drive.

the other issue is I can't get any sound. I have a creative audigy sound blaster card, windows detects it, says it's working properly, but when I play a cd and try to plug headphones in the back, I can't hear anything. I played with all the system volume settings, nothing happened.

I was able to hear some line noise in one of the jacks.
thanks!
bp

Triple6

Rob
Retired Moderator
Have you gone to Disk Management under the Administrative Tools in Windows XP to see if the drive shows up there? If its a new blank drive it will need to be partition and formatted before it will show up in My Computer.

As for the sound card, make sure you are using the latest Creative drivers from www.creative.com and not those included with Windows.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online