New Build No Post?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bmarley83

Hello my names dan this is my first post. I just bought a brand new system in parts off the web and cant get the machine to post. I've built at least a dozen machines in the past 6 years and have never had quite a problem like this. Here are my specs;
Asus P5k Pro
2GB Dual Channel OCZ 800mhz
400GB SATA2 Seagate Barracuda
Geforce 8800GT 512MB DDR3
2.5GHZ Core2Duo Wolfdale 800mhz fsb
SATA2 DVDRW
Ernermax CHAKRA case with Liberty 500w PSU
M-AUDIO Audiophile 24/96
HDTV Tuner card

It wont post with just the video, cpu, and memory. Also tried with other mobo that had onboard video with 2 different memory and cpu configurations. PSU maybe? i'm open to anything at this piont. Ordering new psu now, hopefully will get here thursday. If anyone could help i'd appreciate it a lot.

crjdriver

First of all, have you followed all of the steps in the "problem build" guide at the top of the forum?

crjdriver

Next item; there are a lot of wolfdale cpus and some require a very new bios to run. What bios are you running? Have you checked that the cpu you are using is supported by the bios the board is running?

Next ocz ram does not appear anywhere on the qvl list at asus. While it does not mean it will not work, when you use untested ram you are in effect a beta tester.

bmarley83

yes i saw that too about the wolfdales somewhere else online so i ordered an older E1200 dual core celeron and a new mobo and got the same problem the new mobo a gigabyte g31 chipset with onboard video gave the same results. i also have a stick of kingston 521mb ddr 2 800mhz 1.8v lying around that i tested with both mobo's the celeron and my new case with liberty power supply and no boot psu and fans only come on briefly and then nothing.
what else could it be?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online