new build no video

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ohjar732

Hello i got a new build for a friend. I get no signal on the screen.All of the fans seem to be running fine the disk drive seems to be making weird sounds please help

Make sure all the components are in properly, double check RAM is pushed down all the way.

Did you plug in the 4/8 pin motherboard power plug.

Try reseting the bios with motherboard jumper/battery.

Do you have graphics card or unboard graphics?

List all the spec, including PSU.

Are there any beeps when you turn it on or is there an led error code display on motherboard?

ohjar732

okay all components are in propperly only thing i hearing is that the disk drive wont open and it makes alota noise

ohjar732

HIS radeon 6870

Asus m4a77t/usb3 atx amd mobo

seagate barracuda 1TB HD

Coolmax vl600 psu

amd phenom II x4 955 black edition quad core cpu

pixxo cg 8402 black computer case

crjdriver

First of all, did you read AND follow the guide at the top of the forum for problem builds?

Next list your exact specs. Post links to the parts you used. For example there are two different 955 cpus; a C2 stepping and a C3 stepping. The bios revision needed to run the newer C3 may or may not be installed on your board.

Next coolmax is ok for a budget type build to run office, play solitaire, etc. I would NOT be using a coolmax pw supply with a 6870 type card.

ohjar732

and i do not know how to reset bios

everything is plugged in

HIS 6870

and no beeps

ohjar732

okay update the comp wouldnt even start up for some reason so i unplugged everything and started again so i unplugged the graphics card and i guess its pulling to much power will go with a kingwin or antec psu

crjdriver

OK, you still have not answered if you have read and followed the troubleshooting guide.

Next coolmax does build some decent pw supplies however the one you linked to is not one of them. That is a pretty low quality unit.

ohjar732

Okay I did everything I knew how to do I do not know how yo reset the. Bios with the battery. Also what brand do u reccomend for psu's

Look in the motherboard manuel for how to reset the bios (clear cmos).

Antec is very good, i've got a corsiar one at the moment aswell.

crjdriver

Okay I did everything I knew how to do I do not know how yo reset the. Bios with the battery. Also what brand do u reccomend for psu's
You do not pull the battery to clear cmos. To properly clear cmos;
1 Pull out the pw cord from the pw supply
2 Hit the ON button 2~3 times [this removes all residual pw from the pw supply capacitors]
3 Clear cmos with the clear jumper for a minimum of 10 seconds
4 Replace jumper to the keep position and replace the pw cord
5 Pw ON and enter the bios. Load optimal defaults; save settings and restart. Done

Note asus calls cmos RTC or real time clock.

ohjar732

okay
ty
i did exactly what u said it still didnt work
any recomendation on psu?? kingwin or antec? ive heard good things about both

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online