1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved new build not picking up hdd

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by farmerguy101, Aug 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. farmerguy101

farmerguy101 Thread Starter

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-8100 CPU @ 3.60GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 158 Stepping 11
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 8128 Mb
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB, -1 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: 222 GB (189 GB Free);
    Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd., B360M DS3H
    Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

in addition to the 240gb ssd I also have a 2t hard drive. This is a new build. My problem is the harddrive is not showing anywhere. I thought last night when I finished the built that it was showing up somewhere in bios? I loaded windows off a usb, and never did really set up a boot preference in bios. I tried but would not allow me to make that change, I do have a bios admin password set up, but not a bios user password. So maybe I have somthing in bios screwed up?

2. farmerguy101

farmerguy101 Thread Starter

WE got it. the hdd was unallocated. Set it up as a simple drive and seems to be fine now. Thanks anyhow

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1214042

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice