New build not seeing hard drives

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

RicClark

MSI Titanium, DDR4, Intel Core I-5, 32GB Corsair Memory

Motherboard does not see hard drives or SSD. Will boot to Windows on M.2 SSD. All drivers have been updated, BIOS is newest as of yesterday. Reset CMOS by shorting pins and removing battery. Tested the SATA power with a fan controller plugged into same SATA cable as hard drives - worked fine. The SSD and hard drives are new and all cloned from my 2 year old ASUS computer. I have a separate drive enclosure I used to test hard drives and SSD. It connects to the computer via USB. Could read all drives fine (but no way to boot from USB). I've searched the net for solutions and ran into some great sounding ideas - none of them worked.

dustyjay

Jay
If your are trying to boot your System with the MSI motherboard to a Windows Installation made on an Asus computer it is not going to work.

After you boot to windows off the M.2 SSD do the drives show up in Administrative Tools- Computer Management - Disk Management ?

RicClark

If your are trying to boot your System with the MSI motherboard to a Windows Installation made on an Asus computer it is not going to work.

After you boot to windows off the M.2 SSD do the drives show up in Administrative Tools- Computer Management - Disk Management ?
They don't show up anywhere in Win 10 nor in BIOS. BIOS has a whole list for about 10 drives...its all "no drive connected" It does, however, give an error message that a file "atkexCom.axdata" was not found and continues to flash error 27 and 28 in the error display. Neither code is in the manual.

Last edited:

RicClark

No....no drives show up, nor do they appear to have power. When I put the M.2 SSD that I made on the MSI motherboard, it boots the system, but again, it can't see the hard drives or DVD/BluRay drives.

Last edited:

RicClark

I understand your reply that "its not going to work", but why? I've been building computers since my first IBM PC, I outa be up around 400 by now. Granted, its been 2 years since my last, but then it was pretty straight forward. Did motherboard manufactures decide they were going to put roadblocks in the way for people going to another brand?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online