Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

New build pc - getting BSOD

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  fel1x 
#1 ·
Hello,

I have recently build a new computer. i did a fresh install of windows 7 64bit. After that i let it update and installed all other software i need.

Now, every time the computer first starts up, i get the Blue screen of death - BSOD.
After that i have to let it self-restart a few times. I get an average of 3 BSOD before i get to a stable point where it doesn't crash. After that the computer runs fine.

The crash happens just on the welcome screen or shortly after when the desktop shows up. With that random programs start to crash (like explorer.exe, ati control center etc.) and then the blue screen.
I have tried the safe mode but it also crashes a few minutes later.
I have formated the pc 2 times already suspecting bad software. the first startups and restarts worked but then the same problem.
i have also updated the bios to the latest version and tested the sicks of ram with memtest for 8 passes with no error and set the default ram timmings in bios.

i took a look on the dump files but i haven't come to any significant conclusion (i hope you will :))
the Blue screens vary so i don't know where to start solving it next.

There is my setup
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate , 64 bit
Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1055T Processor, AMD64 Family 16 Model 10 Stepping 0
Processor Count: 6
RAM: 4095 Mb
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series, 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 59999 MB, Free - 23453 MB; D: Total - 416937 MB, Free - 302767 MB; F: Total - 476937 MB, Free - 12357 MB;
Motherboard: MSI, 890FXA-GD70 (MS-7640) , 1.0, To be filled by O.E.M.
Antivirus: ESET Smart Security 4.0, Updated and Enabled

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
most of them are ntoskrnl.exe

need to do house work first

do a full check disk from explorer right click C drive properties tools error checking tick both boxes

then start type cmd right click run as administrator then type sfc /scannow

then re create your page file as you have crash from that

start right click my computer properties advanced performance settings advanced page file click change delete the one you have ( no page file) re boot then back to there create new @ 4000 min 4000 max do not let windows manage it

start type msconfig enter adnavced change settings to 6 cores and ram to 4096

re check all connectors seating of cables especially to HDD, check motherboard chips for loose ones

after all that re check drivers

http://www.driverupdate.net/ free version on left

you are not getting many crashes for a new build so would not worry too much

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.