1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

New Build PC - Video Editing

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Georgep123, Jul 28, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Georgep123

Georgep123 Thread Starter

Hi, I need to upgrade my very old PC to one that will best handle some simple video editing.

I have a limited budget and so below are the 2 highest spec builds available to me and I am hoping that someone could advise on which one is the most appropriate for my needs. Both have the same SSD drives and RAM so the confusion is which CPU/Graphics are best.

I fully appreciate that there are probably lots of factors that can be taken into consideration and its probably a question of pros and cons but I do have limited technical knowledge about computer specs and I would appreciate any guidance based on these two options.

I'm sure that both are adequate for general computing needs but I would like to know which is more 'suitable' for video editing.

Option 1: Intel Core i5-9400F 2.9GHz (6 cores, 6 threads) NVIDIA GT 710 1GB

Option 2: AMD Ryzen 5 2400G 3.6GHz (4 cores, 8 threads) Vega 11 Graphics

Thank you for any help given.

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    A detailed description of the hardware(motherboard, processor, hard drive, RAM, graphics, power supply, etc.) you currently have in your "very old PC" would be helpful.

----------------------------------------------------------------

3. Georgep123

Georgep123 Thread Starter

Just to clarify, I am not upgrading my old PC but purchasing a new one. Two new builds are available to me on my budget and I would appreciate comments on the suitability of the two options for simple video editing.

4. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

You need to post exact specs for each system; ie exact motherboard used, exact ram, exact pw supply, etc, etc.
    Next video editing/rendering is processor intensive not video card intensive.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1230679

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice