1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

New build, random black screen, then complete system shut down..

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Isausage, May 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Isausage

Isausage Thread Starter

I think it may have somethign to do with my video card but I am not sure. I have to xfx 8800 gt's running in sli, with an xfx 680i lt mother board. I have had it set up for a bout a week, and the system is crashing more and more as time goes on. Its not even a blue screen per say, just my screen goes black and then it holds in place for a bit then shut down. I think it is creating a log however

2. Sponsor

3. Isausage

Isausage Thread Starter

Also my Gpu tems were around 45c and cpu was 30c.

I attached logs and dxdaig

Attached Files:

4. Isausage

Isausage Thread Starter

I have also had a few caes of a pink haze coming through my screen before this happens, when i get home i am going to reintall a driver to see if that helps.

5. Isausage

Isausage Thread Starter

anyone please help

6. jamesx121

jamesx121

I don't know where to begin??? you say you have 2 video cards running in a SLI set up???
    I wish your board a VGA integrated graphic hook up. then we could at least hook up
    your monitor to the VGA integrated to see if your monitor then worked fine.
    but I doubt it does so you will have to remove both video cards and look to see if there is
    any obvious things like scorch marks on one or the other video cards. after that just install 1 of the cards and see how long your monitor lasts before crashing. check to make sure if the fan on the GPU
    is running correctly. keep and eye on the GPU temp. if it crashes then take out the single
    video card and install the other one in a single set up. see how long this card lasts.
    if we had a VGA hook up we could check the monitor itself but you might have to borough a monitor
    to see if the monitor is the problem. you haven't talked about any other drive problems-so I'm ignoring the PSU.
    Did you check all the cables going into your video cards?
    especially the bridge between the 2 cards for the SLI set up???

7. Isausage

Isausage Thread Starter

I think its more of driver problem, i have gotten some errors to indicate that, that why I was hoping someone could decifer my crash logs.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/708977

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice