new build, really loud fans

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

badperson

Hi,

I have a new build, dual quad-core opteron chips, dynatron socket-f cpu coolers.

I have two hd's, a dvd burner, and a 750 watt psu, so I think I'm getting enough power.

the cpu fans are really loud, I'm wondering if I can lower the fan speed, or do I need to replace the cpu coolers?

it's a tyan extended atx motherboard, not sure if that makes a difference.
thanks,
bp

what is the problem? the case fans being very loud or the cpu fan being very loud? there is a way to lower the speed, but usually you need an expansion card =/

Server heatsink coolers aren't really made to be quiet. Which model heatsink do you have? If it's the A5LG then we're talking close to 49Db each. Thats pretty loud.

How are the CPU temps?

Some options would be to:
- replace the fans with quieter units
- add a bay fan controller unit to your PC to lower the speed of the fans, and thus the noise output
- replace the whole heatsink/fan unit with somethign quieter
- stick the PC in a server room where it belongs :)

badperson

- stick the PC in a server room where it belongs :)
LOL, I think this is actually the ticket, and yeah, I figured the parts I bought weren't made for whisper silence...I'll figure something out.

Love the machine, though.
bp

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online