1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

New Build - Windows 7 Blue Screen of Death - Possibly SSD's fault

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by skuzzlebutt, Jul 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. skuzzlebutt

skuzzlebutt Thread Starter

Hi all,

I am looking for some help with a new build I made yesterday which is having major problems. Everything went together great, all fresh pieces. I installed Windows 7 without a problem onto my Agility 2 60GB SSD. But from the start I havne't had the OS up and running for more than 3 minutes without it crashing with a blue screen of death.

Here is the build:

Phenom II X2 555
    Gigabyte 880GA-UD3H
    eVGA GTS 250 Card
    OCZ Agility 2 60GB SSD
    2 DVD drives
    1 memory card reader
    Corsair 4GB DDR3 1333hz
    OCZ ModXStream 600W power supply

Sometimes the crash occurs during windows' loading. Sometimes the system goes straight into a CHKDSK utility when booting.

I have a picture, but here is some text from the blue screen:

Disable or unistall any anti-virus, disk defrag, or backup utilities. Check your hard drive configuration, and check for any updated drivers. Run CHKDSK /F to check for hard drive corruption then restart your computer.
    Technical information:
    *** STOP: 0x00000024 (0x00000000001904FB, 0xFFFFF8800889EAF8, 0xFFFFF8800889E350, 0xFFFFF880012BD705)
    *** ntfs.sys - Address FFFFF880012BD705 base at FFFFF88001245000, DateStap 4a5bc14f
    Collecting data for crash dump...
    Initializing disk for crash dump...
    Beginning dump of physical memory.
    Dumping physical memory to disk: 100
    Physical memory dump complete.

I did not update the firmware on the Agility 2 because it appeared to already be running 1.10. I was running on plain IDE for a while, have recently tried to switch to ACHI, but it has not fixed my problem.

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Attached Files:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/938553

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice