New Build Won't Boot

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

UPS7

I'm in the process of my first build, and have finished setting everything up, however, when I try to start it up, I get a "no signal" on my display. Also, none of my USB ports seem to be working. When I plug in my peripherals, they are supposed to light up, but at most, I get a short flash and then nothing.

Here's what I'm using:
Motherboard - ASUS Prime Z390-A
Memory - 2x16gb DDR4 G Skill Ripjaws V
CPU - Intel I7-9700K
CPU Fan - Cooler Master Hyper 212
GPU - ASUS Geforce RTX 2060 6GB OC edition
PSU - EVGA Supernova 850 G+

Yes, I did move around the Mem sticks based off of what my motherboard recommends DDR4 to be placed in, and tried only one at a time. I made sure that I am using the correct output and the correct cable for my display. I removed my GPU and tried a PORT and waited for the beeps but I don't believe I heard any? I could be wrong and just tuning it out as I don't really know what I'm listening for.

Anything helps!

Tanis

Shane
Hi and welcome to TSG.

I don't want to insult your intelligence here but you definitely have the graphics cable connected to the dedicated card and not the motherboard onboard display connection?

If yes, then I would remove the RTX 2060 GPU and connect directly to the motherboard port and try using the HD630 graphics on the CPU and see if that works?

Failing that, if you run the ALL the steps in the Troubleshooting a problem build stick this willalmost definately identify where the problem lies.

Troubleshooting Guide for "Problem Builds" | Tech Support Guy (techguy.org)

crjdriver

Have you read the guide at the top of the forum for problem builds? If not, do so. If you follow ALL of the steps, you will find the cause of your no POST issue.

Common errors for inexperienced builders;
1 The 8/12pin cpu/aux pw connector not plugged in
2 Motherboard shorting to the case due to incorrect placement of standoffs
3 Something is not fully seated ie ram, video card, pw connectors, etc
4 Parts not compatible. Does not seem to be a problem in this case
5 Monitor connected to the motherboard onboard port when a real video card is installed

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online