1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

New built Computer help

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by outrage20, Apr 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. outrage20

outrage20 Thread Starter

I recently bought a new motherboard and ram to go with it, ive installed windows xp 2002 i know old, and there seems to be problems with my computer, it randomly restarts by it self, mozilla firefox crashes all the time but im not sure if windows is causing that,

Is there anything you can have me run to get specs and information that you may need? please help

2. Mumbodog

Mumbodog

I would run a memory tester
    http://www.memtest.org/

Download the prebuilt ISO, burn it to CD as an Image, boot from that CD and run the memory test for a couple of hours or overnight to stress test the memory.

Post the mobo full model number, and the make and model of parts used to build the PC so others can help.

3. outrage20

outrage20 Thread Starter

AMD MCP6P M2+ mother board, (N61PBM2S-08 62027T93300235)
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 dual core processor 5600+ (19-103-279(1682791))
    2.91 Ghz 1.87 GB ram - AMP DDR2 Extreme 800Mhz/2GB
    Windows XP Pro 2002 SP3

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!