New Built PC has problems

megafalcon

View attachment 277027

Double-click this entry to open its properties window.
Select the "Details" tab.
Select "Hardware Ids" from the drop-down list.
Submit an image of that window.

ASRock B450 Steel Legend Motherboard (support site)
Select "Support".
Select "Download".
Make sure "Windows 10 64-bit" is selected for the operating system.
Any necessary drivers pertaining to that motherboard for Windows 10 64-bit will be listed there.

Note: That motherboard was designed for and has downloadable drivers only for Windows 7 64-bit and Windows 10 64-bit.

--------------------------------------------------
Hi, this is the picture as instructed.

Attachments

megafalcon

Hi guys! My PC is running and all the features work as I had shown in the pictures previously! Now, Im just unsure which drivers is the one I need to download. Im looking at so many.. Requesting for help 😭

megafalcon

Great news guys! Its all working! I have downloaded some drivers ( i think )

from Asrock:
- AMD all in 1 with VGA driver ver:19.10.16_19H1_WHQL

- [Beta] ASRock Polychrome RGB ver:2.0.6

https://www.asrock.com/MB/AMD/B450 Steel Legend/index.asp#Download

Do i need to download any other stuff from this website?

From AMD website:

AMD Chipset Drivers
https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/amd-socket-am4/b450

AMD Ryzen Master
https://www.amd.com/en/support/cpu/...d-ryzen-5-desktop-processors/amd-ryzen-5-2600

From Nvidia:

GeForce Game Ready Driver - WHQL
Version: 445.87 - Release Date: Wed Apr 15, 2020
https://www.geforce.com/drivers
(Selection->Geforce->Geforce 16 Series->GTX 1660 Super-> Windows 10 64-bit-> English -> All)

Other than that, is there anything else I will need to download? I have checked and update all to date from the Windows system. Forgot what its called. Information and security i think. Will you guys help me for this one last time then im set to go🙏🏽🙏🏽 Thanks so much all for the help before this, helped me through!

flavallee

Trusted Advisor
First Name
Frank
Capture.JPG

According to those vendor and device codes, you have an Intel WiFi 6 AX200 wireless adapter.

According to Intel, it was designed for and has drivers only for Windows 10.

HERE and HERE are the current WiFi and Bluetooth drivers for it which were posted on March 24, 2020.

------------------------------------------------

megafalcon

View attachment 277066

According to those vendor and device codes, you have an Intel WiFi 6 AX200 wireless adapter.

According to Intel, it was designed for and has drivers only for Windows 10.

HERE and HERE are the current WiFi and Bluetooth drivers for it which were posted on March 24, 2020.

------------------------------------------------
Yup! Ive installed the drivers for the WiFi already. Now just wondering any other drivers do i need to install? And my HDD seems to not show up in my PC. But when installing Windows from USB, I had an option to choose my HDD or SSD. But now it doesnt show up, any ideas why?

managed

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
First Name
Allan
So you have a working Windows 10 now ? Did you enter the Windows 8.1 key already ?

1. To see if it's activated do Start >Settings (cog wheel) > Update and Security > Activation and see what it says

2. To see if you need any more drivers right-click Start > Device Manager and see if there are any 'Unknown Devices' or yellow icons

3. To check out the HDD right-click Start > Disk Management and see if the HDD is there but shows as Uninitialised.

To post a screenshot of any of the above Windows see here :- https://forums.techguy.org/help/screenshot/

megafalcon

So you have a working Windows 10 now ? Did you enter the Windows 8.1 key already ?

1. To see if it's activated do Start >Settings (cog wheel) > Update and Security > Activation and see what it says

2. To see if you need any more drivers right-click Start > Device Manager and see if there are any 'Unknown Devices' or yellow icons

3. To check out the HDD right-click Start > Disk Management and see if the HDD is there but shows as Uninitialised.

To post a screenshot of any of the above Windows see here :- https://forums.techguy.org/help/screenshot/
Yup i have a working windows 10, the Windows 8 key didnt work but i have the key for Windows 10.

There isnt any more yellow icons or unknown devices, so that should be fine right?

I went to Disk Management already but it doesnt show there. It shows some partition but not my HDD

managed

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
First Name
Allan
So does it say it's activated ?

Make sure the HDD data cable is plugged into Sata3_1 or Sata3_2 socket on the motherboard, those are the 2 sockets nearest to the top of the case (see P.7 & P.8 in the mobo manual).

Which socket did you use for the NVMe SSD (see P.7) ? M2_1 (near the middle of the board) or M2_2 (near the bottom) ?

megafalcon

So does it say it's activated ?

Make sure the HDD data cable is plugged into Sata3_1 or Sata3_2 socket on the motherboard, those are the 2 sockets nearest to the top of the case (see P.7 & P.8 in the mobo manual).

Which socket did you use for the NVMe SSD (see P.7) ? M2_1 (near the middle of the board) or M2_2 (near the bottom) ?
Oh i used the first Sata, forgot the number but its the one to the top. For the SSD i used M2_2

managed

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
First Name
Allan
Again, does it say it's activated ?

The NVMe SSD should work faster in the other M2_1 slot, not sure if it would do so if you simply moved it there. I doubt it matters much though.

Turn the PC off then check the HDD data cable at both the drive and the motherboard, make sure it's pushed fully into both sockets.
Also check the power cable is fully into the drive socket.

megafalcon

Again, does it say it's activated ?

The NVMe SSD should work faster in the other M2_1 slot, not sure if it would do so if you simply moved it there. I doubt it matters much though.

Turn the PC off then check the HDD data cable at both the drive and the motherboard, make sure it's pushed fully into both sockets.
Also check the power cable is fully into the drive socket.
Sorry, the activated part you are referring to Windows or the HDD? If Windows, it is activated but HDD isnt. Haha because when building i didnt realised the M2_1 was underneath a cover and saw the M2_2 slot so i put it there and didnt thought of it. Then after looking through the manual again I saw the M2_1... I had already installed it, but afraid if I take it out again might damaged it, i dont know haha.

Alright, ill check all those u mentioned and see if it appears.

megafalcon

Hi guys, I have another question. I had an old laptop and I opened it up just now. I had planned to use the hard drive from there and transfer to my new pc but the hard drive is harder to install. Theres no SATA or power input like my current hard drive. It looks likes in the attachment.

Next, theres the SSD and i have another slot for PCIe SSD, can I install it into my new pc? Will there be any bad effects on my pc?

Attachments

managed

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
First Name
Allan
You should be able to fit the SSD into that other M2 slot on your motherboard. Just avoid touching the 'gold contacts' at the end.

Looking at the hard drive in your pics it's in a metal caddie and if you take out the other screws around it you will be able to remove it in the caddie then remove it from the caddie. You will probably see normal power and data connectors on the drive itself.

The only problems would be if fitting the SSD made Sata port(s) you are already using stop working, this is normal behaviour on many motherboards because the M2 socket takes priority when there is not enough 'bandwidth' for all the sockets together.

From P.4 in the manual
* M2_2, SATA3_3 and SATA3_4 share lanes. If either one of them is in use, the others will be disabled.
See PP. 7 & 8 for Sata port labels and locations.
So you should be able to use the top 4 Sata ports although the 3rd and 4th probably have a different controller that may have to be enabled in the Bios (P.64, looks like it's enabled by default)

megafalcon

You should be able to fit the SSD into that other M2 slot on your motherboard. Just avoid touching the 'gold contacts' at the end.

Looking at the hard drive in your pics it's in a metal caddie and if you take out the other screws around it you will be able to remove it in the caddie then remove it from the caddie. You will probably see normal power and data connectors on the drive itself.

The only problems would be if fitting the SSD made Sata port(s) you are already using stop working, this is normal behaviour on many motherboards because the M2 socket takes priority when there is not enough 'bandwidth' for all the sockets together.

From P.4 in the manual
See PP. 7 & 8 for Sata port labels and locations.
So you should be able to use the top 4 Sata ports although the 3rd and 4th probably have a different controller that may have to be enabled in the Bios (P.64, looks like it's enabled by default)
When i open up the old laptop again ill update, probably monday. I took out the hard drive the other day and couldnt find any power plug or data connectors. There was only the strip connected to the motherboard.

For the SSD, putting two SSD would be fine right? Right now im only using SATA 3_1 and the it doesnt block of any PCIe.

managed

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
First Name
Allan
Well the hard drive must be a special type then, not much you can do about that.
You should be fine using SATA3_2 - according to the manual it doesn't affect any other connections.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online