1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

New Case, Cooling system suggestions

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by sin0822, Jul 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sin0822

sin0822 Thread Starter

2. Sanz72

Sanz72

3. dking63

dking63

I would set my side panel fan to draw in fresh air since it is the farthest from the PS exhaust fan. Then I would set both rear fans to exhaust. Having two fans side by side blowing in opposite directions will reduce the efficiency of the air flow. Also, they are positioned best to exhaust the heat from the CPU. Keep the interior of your case as clutter free as possible to optimize air flow.

4. sin0822

sin0822 Thread Starter

but wont they just suck out the air from the side panel fan?

5. WarC

WarC

Those rear vents don't look very effective. For that amount of money the case will be very flimsy. You would be better off with a more stable case with a front intake and rear exhaust.

If your sure on that case, two intake fans in the rear with a higher CFM exhaust fan on the side panel with a PCI slot exhaust blower under the video card would do a fine, fine job, I would think...As long as your CPU cooling was up to par.

EDIT: or vice versa as suggested, that would probably work equally as well, as long as the side panel fan was strong enough.

6. sin0822

sin0822 Thread Starter

i have a blower fan of a pci socket, thats the case im going with. Sturdy, im not going to be moving it of sitting on it so i should be fine. I like you suggestion, im thinking about taking this vent thing out of my sis comp to change the direction of air movemment for one of the fans, the lower one. The upper would be exhaust. the side would be intake. the blower would be under the card.

7. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Some suggestions;

Use the rear of the case for exhaust not intake. The side can be set to blow in that will be fine.

Do yourself a favor and junk the power supply that comes with the case. It will cause you a lot of grief. Cheap ps can [and do] cause all types of problems. For the system in your sig, I would use a quality ps by Enermax, Antec, Enlight, or Coolmax. It should be at least 400W.

8. brite750

brite750

For $29 your not going to be real happy, those cases are built from real thin sheet metal, and have very little structural stability. For gosh sake don't use that power supply what ever you do. Did you notice the pic of psu is dark so you can't read it.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/249671

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice