1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

New case old mobo

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Rage, Apr 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Rage

Rage Thread Starter

A friend of mine bought a new case for his comp.
    His mobo is an AT his ps is now an ATX he bought the adapter,
    but he still can't get the beast to fire up.
    Can anyone offer any help:confused:
    Thanks ,
    Rage

2. codexaenir

codexaenir

You are going to have to be more specific as we will try to find a solution for you. This could be anything.. from a failing processor to an improperly inserted cable... so it is really hard to pinpoint the issue from the information posted.

It doesn't boot up.. to what extent? (Do the fans spin? Is there power, led lights, hard drive spin etc.)

One suggestion is to double check everything... and make sure everything is properly mounted.

3. Rage

Rage Thread Starter

He said the fan spins and the leds light up but thats about it, I haven't looked at it so I'm kind of flying blind myself:confused:

4. bopdude

bopdude

HI rage,
    If the fans spin then there's power to the board, good start

Next, what drives has he got and how are they set up, ie hdd, cd-rom etc, and are they set to master and slave in the right order.

try unplugging all except the hdd,making sure that its set to master, on start up immediatly after the ram count enter the key ( normally delete ) to enter the bios, once in there go to the advanced cmos > make sure that the boot sequence is set to " boot from hdd " exit, saving if needs be.

see how this goes and post back, with any questions \ answers.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/130456

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice