1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

new cd-rw installation ?????

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by kapperhead, Apr 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kapperhead

kapperhead Thread Starter

I recently purchased a Lite-On cd-rw burner. I followed directions on installing and it will not work.The green light on the drive comes on and stays. Then about 3 seconds later, the monitor goes on stanby. This is the second one I have purchased. The other did the same and I sent it back. Am I doing something wrong or have I just received TWO lemons. Please help me fix this problem. My computer has a lot of things on it that I really don't won't to lose and this was to be my means of saving it on disc.

2. bookime wood

bookime wood

Howdy

What other drives do you have on your system....eg.cd-roms/dvd-rom/hard drives? Are you aware that there is a small jumper on the back of drives, which is used to set them to Master/Slave.

bookime

3. kapperhead

kapperhead Thread Starter

I have a TOSHIBA DVD-ROM SD-M1302 DRIVE and a standard floppy drive. I have tried running the new drive as both slave and master and get the same result. I have tried only running the new one without the old and still nothing. After the first time installing the Lite-On CD-RW the green computer light on the front panel no longer came on. It now only has the red light and never the green. Please help if you can....Thankx

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/218836

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice