New Comp really hot

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

SOFwhitewolf

alright i just got eveything in my new comp put together and most the temps are at or around 40 and the i/o controller hub is at 83, why is this so hot? the system has only been running a total of 30 min lol

SOFwhitewolf

well i went and got 2 case fans and now its running at 76 insted of 83,mans thats still crasy high...is there a way to adjust my fans speed?

I had to look it up but that's 181.4 degrees Fahrenheit. Are you sure that temp reading isn't Fahrenheit and the others Celsius?

From Intel:

Table 3. Intel® 6300ESB I/O Controller Hub Thermal Specifications
Parameter Maximum Notes
Tcase-nhs 105 °C 1
Tj-max 115 °C 2
TDP 3.9 W
NOTES:
1. Tcase-nhs is defined as the maximum package case temperature without a
thermal solution attached.
2. Tj-max is defined as the maximum component temperature specification
measured at the hottest point in the processor die.

SOFwhitewolf

griffinspc said:
From Intel:

Table 3. Intel® 6300ESB I/O Controller Hub Thermal Specifications
Parameter Maximum Notes
Tcase-nhs 105 °C 1
Tj-max 115 °C 2
TDP 3.9 W
NOTES:
1. Tcase-nhs is defined as the maximum package case temperature without a
thermal solution attached.
2. Tj-max is defined as the maximum component temperature specification
measured at the hottest point in the processor die.

Ok so am i good then? or?

What does the BIOS say for processor temperature?

Look under hardware monitoring and post that back.

My E6300's run at about 48°C at idle (in BIOS). That's with the stock HSF's

The ones I built with Intel boards all ran high 40's on cpu. I built this one I'm on with Biostar board, and I have bult 2 of these and they run in the high 20's low 30's.

SOFwhitewolf

ya bios showed th same thing the intel monitor showed most at or around 40's wich i dont mind but the ich it showed at 73 75 c :/

Believe Intel's BIOS.

One way to know if you're having temp troubles is stability. If it's stable, you're probably OK. If you're under 60c in your BIOS reading, you'll be fine. Almost got a year on 2 systems running at 48-52c and they perform perfectly.

You're ok.

SOFwhitewolf

Ok well i figuerd the 40-50's was ok, but will i be fine with the i/o controller hub running that high? also would it be easy to throw a fan/cooler on it insted of whats there now?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online