New Comp.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Seth13

I recently upgaded my aging computer with the following components:

New MSI motherboard, capable of socketing a Pentium 4(Which I have) and the option to upgrade to a Core2Duo.
X1900XT from a 6800GS
2GB of DDR2 from 1GB
500W Cooler Master powersupply

Now I figured I would get a good jump in performance in games, and it did... but could my CPU be bottlenecking my GPU at all? It doesn't seem like I'm getting that much better performance than my other computers at the same resolution(1280x1024)

Athlon 64 3000+ @2.0ghz
X800XT
1GB DDR400

Would I get a really big boost in gaming performance if I switched to a E6300 or E6400?(Core 2 Duo)

BTW, my newer computer's P4 is clocked at 3.2Ghz.

I don't think so...normally the P4's do fine on games. Are you getting lagging or chunky video?

Check your temps in the BIOS.

Seth13

Well I basically upgraded to play a new game called Vanguard: Saga of Heroes, but I don't seem to be getting much better FPS than I was before. Even if I put the resolution down to 1024x768 it stays around the same...

Post those in the gaming forum and see what they say. I'm not really a gamer, but if you aren't getting laggy or broken video, it's probably a configuration issue.

See what the gaming gurus have to say about that card and what kind of frame rates you should be getting out of it.

Seth13

does anyone else know if my P4 would be bottlenecking the X1900XT?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online