New computer, and games keep crashing

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

letroc

i have recently built a new computer with my friend. but it wont let me play games like Call of Duty, or Need For Speed without crashing and sometimes blue screen of death. But i can play games like World of Warcraft, and Heroes of might and magic 3, without problems.
i have tried disableing all game overlays, reinstalling Cod and stuff like that.
I downloaded MSI afterburner and although i don't really know what im looking at, i think my computer is running in overdrive while playing the games. i've attached a file showing at picture taken of MSI afterburner while playing Need For Speed. How can i fix this?

here are my specs.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit, Build 19041, Installed 20200826164405.000000+060
Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor, AMD64 Family 23 Model 113 Stepping 0, CPU Count: 16
Total Physical RAM: 16 GB
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER
Hard Drives: C: 930 GB (288 GB Free);
Motherboard: Micro-Star International Co., Ltd. X570-A PRO (MS-7C37), ver 3.0, s/n JC17048878
System: American Megatrends Inc., ver ALASKA - 1072009, s/n To be filled by O.E.M.
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

118645609_742491483201500_72185401373950353_n.jpg

Have you installed all your mobo drivers....all of them? What brand is your GPU.....ie Gigabyte, Asus, EVGA?

letroc

i have installed installed
"Realtek PCI-E Ethernet Drivers"
"Realtek HD Universal Driver"
"AMD Chipset Driver"
but i did not install "AM4 RAID Driver", as i was told i did not need it.
those are the drivers i can find on MSI's website
my GPU is "Asus Geforce RTX 2070 SUPER ROG STRIX Advanced - 8GB GDDR6 RAM"

Thank you :)

crjdriver

What are your temps and voltages; specifically cpu temp, 12V, 5V, and 3.3V rails?
Does this system reboot, freeze, etc when running a stress test ie prime95, OCCT, or Realbench?
I never use msi boards however [I think] there should be monitoring software on the support page. It is called either command center OR dragon center. Download and install this software. Post the temps and voltages from this software. Do this twice; once under a normal load and also while running a stress test. Let the stress test run for at least 2min to stabilize temp/voltages.

letroc

I did a idle test which are the images called "idle 1" and "idle 2", couple minutes apart.
then i did a stress test, with realbench where i took a picture 2min in, and 6min in. less than a minute after i captured the 6min picture, my computer froze. i immediately turned off my computer, in fear of frying it.
I've attached 4 pictures in total.

Attachments

crjdriver

Well, you pretty much have your answer; look at the temp under load. 88C is too hot. In short you need better cooling. This may entail a better cpu cooler OR better case ventilation [or both]
You do not by chance have this system inside a desk or cabinet do you?

Your voltages look ok under a load.

letroc

My system is under my table, should have no problem breathing.
i am going to look into my fan and the cooling.
Thank you for your help

letroc

when building a pc yourself, do u need to apply thermal paste yourself?

crjdriver

when building a pc yourself, do u need to apply thermal paste yourself?
Depends. Most coolers that come with a processor already have a thermal pad applied. In that case, no you do not need to apply compound. Many aftermarket and liquid coolers do not have a thermal pad and in that case, yes you need to apply compound.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online