1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

New Computer - Choppy Windows

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by B-Subs-Me, Nov 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. B-Subs-Me

B-Subs-Me Thread Starter

I just buit a new computer(my first), and it loads pretty quickly but if I drag any windows around, or for instance, if I scroll down this website, it is extremely choppy and slow. I figured it was because my video driver wasnt updated, but when I tried to download it, nothing happened and there's no download button! I'm using a 6800 untill my 8800GT gets here, which will be about 20 days, so I'd like to get this working. Here's the link that's supposed to be the driver download page
    http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_163.75.html

If this helps at all:
    Windows xp pro w/ SP2
    4gb ram
    intel q6600 @ stock-2.4GHz

Thanks in advance :)

2. Flags

Flags

There is a Download Now button on that site.
    There is also a link to Driver Installation Hints you should read and follow before installing the new drivers.

3. B-Subs-Me

B-Subs-Me Thread Starter

...lol wheres the download now button? And i already read the driver instillation hints. I've read every single sentence on that page like 10 times now. I check the I agree to the terms of service, but there's no download button.

-I feel like such a noob.

4. Flags

Flags

Here;

[​IMG]

5. Flags

Flags

Well, that didn't work.
    The Download Now button is just to the right of I have read and agree to the terms--etc.on the same line. If you don't see it, try finding that page by pasting the link indto your Address line.

6. Waldo_II

Waldo_II

7. Flags

Flags

Thanks Waldo, I gotta learn how to do that.

8. B-Subs-Me

B-Subs-Me Thread Starter

Ok, thanks, that fixed it mostly but letters look wierd. When several are bunched together, it looks bolded.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/655440

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice