New computer help

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

AzuNyan

I have a Asus x99a motherboard and I cannot get the sata to work. It had detected my drives only twice and I have no idea why. It detects my usb stuff but not sata. I don't have a DVD sata to use since mine is broke so I use a usb DVD. I updated the bios to the newest and still nothing. I have 3 drives it detected 2 of them. Yes I tried using different cables and ports.

Doesn't detect it when trying to install Windows or in bios.

Oddba11

Jim
It's My Birthday!
Most likely cause would be a faulty motherboard.

Restore the BIOS back to factory default, then reboot and ensure the SATA ports are enabled. Also check the SATA drive type (ie: AHCI, IDE, RAID). You will likely want IDE mode.

Aside from that, if the drives aren't detected by the BIOS, there is a hardware fault (ie: motherboard, cable, HDD).

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online