1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

New Computer is trashed

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by chix2010, Jan 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chix2010

chix2010 Thread Starter

I just purchased this mini net notebbook and like every laptop I have purchased and desktop computers I could of bought a new car. It always shows in the left column what programs have been used recently. I have never set up the file and transfer wizard to transfer any files from any computer that I have previously owned because every computer I buy gets trashed within hours of owning it. The first thing I notice is the file and transfer wizard is in the column where ot shows the programs that have been recently used. Then I go through and try to set up my computer like I want, but almost every setting has been grayed out and I can't change it. Not even the the time and date. Then I try to download my security software and install it on my C:\Program Files and I get a message I do not have permission to install programs on my C drive contact my computer administrator. I right click the C drive look at the security tab and find
    Administrator In Folder (Owner-PC)
    System no folder
    Users In Folder (Owner-PC)
    Authenicated Users No Folder
    All the inherited from is changed to not inherited
    Then If I want to add myself My user name Owner I click add and her is the list of user that have been added to my computer
    Administrator In Folder(Owner-pc)
    Administrators In Folder (Owner-PC)
    Anoumous no folder
    Batch no folder
    Console Login No folder
    Creator Group No Folder
    Creator Owner No folder
    Dial up no folder
    Distributed Com Users (Owner-PC)
    Event Log Readers
    Everyone
    Guests
    iis_IUsers (Owner-PC)
    Interactive
    Local Service
    Network
    Network Service
    owner(owner-pc) this is my user account
    Performance Log Users
    Performance Monitor Users
    Remote Interactive Logon
    Service
    System
    Terminal Server User
    This Organazation Certificate
    Users (Owner-PC)

Then most of my files are empty. I continually get rejected from web pages I try to visit Error message TomCat apache server You do not have permission to acces this page Forbidden
    We use Cox internet Service but I use Aol for my home page. I just tried to go to a web page and this ihttp://finder.cox.net/main?InterceptSource=0&ClientLocation=us&ParticipantID=96e687opkbv4scrood8k84drs6gw5duf&FailureMode=1&SearchQuery=&FailedURI=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.getzestranow.com%2F&AddInType=4&Version=2.1.1-1.62base&Referer=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.zestra.com%2F%3F9gtype%3Dsearch%269gkw%3Dzestra%269gad%3D4122767468%26gclid%3DCO2gpaKDoZ8CFQQMDQodoQL5ug&Implementation=0s.

Then I have file dated clear back to 2001 most habe been encrypted so I cant read them and the encrtion button on the files I create is grayed out. I have no Ideal what the password is. I don't know my administrator password.

This has happened to every computer I have owned. all the files that come out of nowhere are the exact files on every computer
    my registry is corrupted and it has software listed in the registry that is not anywhere to be found on my computer. Everyonce in awhile i get a messsage when i try to open a file that is is on a network drive that is inaccesible. I have bought wipe drive software and reinstalled, but it reinstall back to the messed up crap. I suspect my husband has something to do with it as he has been known to do some hacking, and knows people who do the same. I am desperate to find out what is going on and getting very frutrated i wasting my money on computers and getting messages to contact my computer administrator. My name is not even listed under the administrator users. If you can help me I will make you a big donation to your site HELP

2. joeten

joeten

3. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    If you suspect your husband of deliberately messing up your computer(s) maybe you should be consulting with a marriage counselor or attorney. :(

I suggest you start with a fresh installation of Windows 7. If you have a Recovery partition but no installation DVD, as is common, then the more appropriate terminology is to Recover to factory default settings. Set a good strong password on your account so that nobody else is going to be easily using your Windows installation.

Then tell us something more precise than "this mini net notebbook" and go a little more slowly, asking for advice or help as you set up the machine to your liking.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/893650

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice