New Computer or PSU?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

rich1282

I have had my Dell for years, it works like a charm. Around 6 months ago I purchased a new SSD drive as my old HD crashed. About a month ago and now more frequently it has issues booting up, once it does it at times can run slow. It also has an issue with an external USB HD. I really don't want to mess around with buying component after component, but I am just curious if anyone has any input on this possibly being a worthy risk at a new PSU over an entire new PC.

I would also like to add that for over a year I have lived in a house with two dogs who shed like crazy, and I have had to frequently clean out the case because of all the hair as I also feel this adds to the possibility of it being the PSU.

crjdriver

Why not simply test your voltages? That should tell you if the pw supply is failing. Monitor the 12V, 5V, and 3.3V values and post that here. Do this twice; once under a normal load and also while running a stress test ie prime95, OCCT, etc. If there is no monitoring software for your system, use HWinfo64 or HWmonitor [both free downloads]
Note let the stress test run for at least 2min to stabilize temps and voltages.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Other than the fact you have a Dell with a solid state drive, we know nothing else about it, so please do the following in it:

Download and save the TSG System Information Utility (SysInfo.exe) file.
After it's been downloaded and saved, double-click it to run it.
Information about your Dell will appear.
Return here to your thread, then copy-and-paste the ENTIRE text here.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts