1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

New Computer Randomly Reboots

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by colc8270, Feb 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. colc8270

colc8270 Thread Starter

I have just recently built 2 new computers, same exact components about a month ago. One of them works great, the other restarts randomly usually when installing something. The windows error files are mini.dmp and sysdata.xml and when I send the error report it tells me thats its a hardware error with either : CPU, Motherboard, RAM, or Power Supply. I have replaced all and still have the random restarts. I have run memtest86 with no errors. I've recently taken it somewhere to do a hardware diagnostics test and they've had it on for 5 days without any restarts under 100% stress loads. The only differences I can think of is that they have it connected to a different monitor and its via VGA as opposed to digital like I've had it every time. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

2. gurutech

gurutech

Have you checked the event logs?

3. colc8270

colc8270 Thread Starter

What do you mean by event logs? Are you talking about related problems already posted in these forums? I have looked for hours at numerous similar problems and nothing has worked. Or is this some kind of log with the computer itself?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/543578

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice