1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

New Computer SLOW Loading Web Pages- Computer or Internet prob?

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by hyperforlife91, Jul 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. hyperforlife91

hyperforlife91 Thread Starter

Hey guys, I just got a new Sony VAIO NS Series yesterday and I think it is satisfactory so far EXCEPT for the fact that the web pages load so slowly. For example, the pages on this website requires that I press refresh or press "enter" on the web address bar a few times for the page to load. How can this be? This computer is new! Could it just be the internet coincidentially being slow? Is it the computer's problem and should I be concerned? Thanks!

My computer can be found here along with the specs: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=9370165&type=product&id=1218093001336

2. ISDP

ISDP

Are you using a wireless signal? If so how far are you from the router? Try moving closer to the router and see if the problem continues.

3. hyperforlife91

I live in a dorm and use wireless internet. I do not know where the source router is, but I had less of these slow internet problems on my broken Gateway computer I used before it broke. I got this Sony Vaio as a replacement. thanks!

4. ISDP

ISDP

Np, now lets see if we can get to the bottom of this.

First but not least if you haven't just restart your computer, see if that resolve it. if not continue.

Start/search/cmd:ipconfig /release
    Next wait a few seconds then type:ipconfig /renew

Also Your computer has a N wireless connection I'm going to assume your dorm is running a G connection make sure your internet card is set to G+B or G. Also go ahead and update your wireless drivers if you haven't already.

5. hyperforlife91

hmm how do i set my internet card to G? how do i update wireless drivers? thanks!

6. ISDP

ISDP

I can't give you a step by step guide on how to set the card to G only. But in the lower right hand in the toolbar there should be a wireless icon that allows you to edit your wireless settings it will be in there.

For the drivers I just looked it up their are no new drivers available for the computer at this time.

I forgot to mention it might well be the connection in the dorm. If the problem continues over the next few days we can look into the matter more.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/845634

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice