1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

New Computer: Slow wireless download fast upload

Discussion in 'Networking' started by msekursk, Dec 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. msekursk

msekursk Thread Starter

Hi Tech Guys,

I received a new Windows 7 computer yesterday and am having major performance problems surfing and downloading from the web.

I have 3 other boxes, XP, Vista and Windows 7 and they have no problem only the new box.

I hardwired the box to the router and saw throughput of 40Mbps. I connected a USB network adapter to the box and was also able to get speeds of 40Mbps when I was close to the router. Being close or far from the router using the on board wireless made no difference throughput was only 250Kbps.

I've download and installed the latest driver for the network card and upgraded to the latest firmware on the router but the problem still persists.

The router is a Linksys WRT160N V1.0
    The network card is an Ralink RT3090 WLAN card

The box is an Acer AX3400.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Mike
    -------

2. Mohhand

Mohhand

Very odd! Here is the number for Cisco: 800-553-6387 Call them and there might be a defect in your router!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/970055

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice