New computer will not connect to monitor

emb3rfl4me

Hello,
I have been building a new pc for the past day and a half an have practically finished the build. Everything is up and running, the rgb lights are flashing. The one issue is that the monitor says that there is no signal. The sequence is ASUS along with a white light in the bottom right of the monitor edge-blackscreen-blue screen that says no signal, black screen with light in bottom right changing to yellow. I have made sure that the cpu plug is in, as well as the gpu, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the gpu several times, have checked the cpu for any broken pins. Nothing seems wrong.

Specs:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600XT
CPU COOLER: Noctua NH-U12S
Motherboard: ASRock B550M Steel Legend Micro ATX AM4
GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT 8 GB NITRO+
Memory: ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D60G 16 GB (2 x 8 GB)
Storage: Intel 665p 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive
Case: Fractal Design Meshify C ATX Mid Tower Case
Power supply:
SeaSonic S12III 650 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply
Monitor: Asus TUF Gaming VG328H1B 31.5" 1920x1080 165 Hz

Gr3iz

Mark
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Hello and welcome to TSG!!

Dumb question first -- You are sure you are connecting the video cable to the GPU and not the motherboard's video output?

I can't really tell if the memory you are using is on the compatibility list. It goes by part number.

The DIMMs are in slots A2 and B2?

Are there any LEDs lit up in the POST Status Checker? This is a group of LEDs near chassis fan 4 connector.

crjdriver

There is a guide at the top of the hardware forum for problem builds. Read the guide and if you follow ALL of the steps, you will find the cause of your no POST condition.

Common errors for inexperienced builders;
1 Motherboard shorting to case due to incorrect placement of standoffs
2 The 8/12pin cpu/aux pw connector is not plugged in
3 Monitor connected to onboard port when a real video card is installed
4 Parts not compatible [does not seem to be an issue in this case]
5 Something is not fully seated ie ram, atx/aux pw connectors, etc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online