1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

new computer windows 7 IE9 need IE8

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by jimiiii, Nov 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jimiiii

jimiiii Thread Starter

Hello Mates -- I have searched about 10 pages of the 46000 threads on Windows 7. I found a lot of IE8 v IE9 threads, but none that addressed my exact problem.

I just bought a new Dell Inspiron 560. It came loaded with IE9. One of my major clients is Nissan North America. Their portal operates on IE 6 or IE 8.... I can log in, then I get this error message:

Required Internet Browser for NNAnet.com - Nissan
    Please note that the ONLY Internet browser that is compatible with NNAnet.com and supported by Nissan, is INTERNET EXPLORER (IE). And the only versions of IE that are compatible are IE6 or IE8 (IE7 and IE9 are not compatible with NNAnet.com). Also, if you are running IE8, you must apply the IE8 Compatibility Button for all functions to work and all screens to display properly. Click here for the IE8 Compatibility Button Instructions.

I've read how to fix the problem if I upgraded to IE9, but nothing about when it comes with IE9 installed and there is no IE8 to revert back to...any help will, as usual, be greatly appreciated.

TSG System Info:

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E6700 @ 3.20GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 4060 Mb
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) G45/G43 Express Chipset, 1806 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 935589 MB, Free - 894634 MB;
    Motherboard: Dell Inc., 018D1Y
    Antivirus: McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware, Updated and Enabled

Thanks Guys,

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

Is it listed in Programs & Features? If it is, uninstall it.

3. jimiiii

jimiiii Thread Starter

I learned in one of the threads I read last night that there is no IE8 that can be installed on Windows 7. If I delete IE9 what will it do to the rest of my programs?

4. Elvandil

Elvandil

Is it listed in Programs & Features?

Do Not Delete IE9. Be sure to uninstall it if it is listed in Programs & Features. Then you will have IE8.

5. peterh40

peterh40

First Name:
    Peter
    1. Open Control Panel, click on Programs, Programs and Features
    2. Click on View Installed Updates
    3. Under the 'Microsoft Windows' section, look for Windows Internet Explorer 9
    4. Select it and click Uninstall

6. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    jimiiii:

Some new computers with Windows 7 pre-installed also have IE9 pre-installed, so you may not have this option to revert back to IE8.

---------------------------------------------------------

7. raybro

raybro

I've never tried doing this, but how about downloading the IE8 executable and running it. If you want to try that you can download IE8 here.

8. jimiiii

jimiiii Thread Starter

Thanks you guys - sorry it took me so long to get back, I found ya'll in the trash file....Flavalee, you are right, there is no pre-installed IE8 to revert to...Raybro, I'll give it a shot, but I did read in one of the threads I searched that IE* won't download in to windos 7...I'll let ya'll know in a few minutes if it works or not................chief

9. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    I doubt that IE8 will install if IE9 is already pre-installed and has no option to revert back to IE8.

-------------------------------------------------------

10. jimiiii

jimiiii Thread Starter

Nope, it didn't work. When I downloaded it and tried to install it, I got an error message that said it was unable to install due to OS.

Is there a way to uninstall windows 7 and install xp?

11. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    There are 2 main problems with buying a new computer with Windows 7 pre-installed and then downgrading it to Windows XP:

1. The Windows XP CD doesn't have native support for a SATA hard drive - which that new computer almost certainly has.

2. There aren't Window XP drivers available for some or all of its devices.

--------------------------------------------------------

What's the 7-character service tag number of that Dell Inspiron 560?

-------------------------------------------------------

12. raybro

raybro

Last resort... Call Dell Customer Support and explain your problem. I'm not optimistic, but you have nothing to lose.

13. Elvandil

Elvandil

Just to be clear, are you saying that IE9 is not listed in Programs & Features?

14. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    IE8 is still the base browser in Windows 7, you should be able to uninstall it as outlined above. Or use this site as a reference: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-CA/windows7/how-do-i-install-or-uninstall-internet-explorer-9

As an alternative, does Firefox work with this "problem" site?

15. jimiiii

jimiiii Thread Starter

hey guys -- just got home from my once a year weekend with my daughter #2, ... Grandkids; 8,12,& 16 --girl, boy, & boy, respectively. hooyah - what a weekend. I'm going to have to wait until I get back to my office tomorrow to answer your question.

But THANK YOU GUYS for staying on the case. Talk to you tomorrow,,,,,,,,,,,,,Chief

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1025289

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice