new computer with no OS not doign anything at boot screen

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

boweldi

I just built a new computer and when i turn it on it says PRESS F1 TO CONTINUE OR PRESS DEL TO ENTER SETUP but when i push those buttons it doesnt do anything i checked that my keyboard was connected using both PS/2 ports and the USB ports nothings working what do i do?

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Are you sure you don't have it plugged into the mouse port by accident? Does the keyboard work on another computer?

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
It happens, it's hard to tell sometimes underneath that desk :D

boweldi

nope i tried it in the keyboard port AND the mouse port and the keyboard works on other computers , also i used an illuminated keyboard one tiem to try and it lit up so it should be connected properly

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Also, be sure the motherboard is not shorting against the case. In all of my new builds, I hook things up OUTSIDE first to be sure the board will post.

boweldi

im prettty positive i put on the standoffs and everything so it doesnt touch the case

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Yeah, I've been pretty positive too, but when I've taken it back out of the case and hooked it up, it worked ;)

Feel free to do other trouble shooting, but I find you have more hair left if you start with the basics and work your way ahead.

boweldi

but that wouldnt make sense because everything looks fine it boots up to this screen shows all the drives attatched and all the temperatures of stuff and junk and it seems to be working

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
That isn't what your first post indicated.............at least the way that I read it.

boweldi said:
when i push those buttons it doesnt do anything i checked that my keyboard was connected using both PS/2 ports and the USB ports nothings working what do i do?

boweldi

umm well now you know the whole story sooo how am i suppose to fix this

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
So, since you say you can get into the bios setup and see everything, can you save changes coming out and will the system continue to boot?

boweldi

its not really a set up its just a screen that shows all the specs of the computer and the temperature moniters and i cant do anything at all but it is not frozen because the teamperature readings continue to change

although one part says WARNING CPU HAS CHANGED GO TO SETUP AND MAKE SURE U SAVE CHANGES BEFORE EXITING or something similar but i still cant do anything

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.