1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

New computer wont start...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Hypercite, Apr 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hypercite

Hypercite Thread Starter

Hey all!

Just bought a new computer and I put it together last night.
    I was extremly causious and used ESD gloves during the hole process so I know that it all went smoothly. Ive done this before so.
    But when I tried to start it I dont get into BIOS. Everything starts and the screen detects a signal but it doesnt get further. No picture or bios or anything.
    Dont even get those error beeps that are supposed to sound if something is wrong....

I cleared the CMOS by removing the battery as said in the manual.
    Nothing happend...

Im no expert so I really dont know what to do now.
    Here is the machine.

Case: Cooler Master Centurion 5 Miditower ATX Black/Silver without PSU/utan nätagg.

PSU: Chieftec CFT-500A-12S 500W ATX/DualX EPS-12V 120mm Fan 20/24-pin (AMD&P4 OK)

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA790FX-DS5 AMD790FX 4DDR2-DIMM 2PCI 5PCIe SATA Raid Audio GB-LAN Firewire Socket AM2+ ATX

DVD: Samsung SH-S203D/BEBN DVD±RW Dual-Layer 20X BLACK Bulk SATA

Processor: AMD Athlon64 X2 Dual-Core 6400+ 3.2GHz 2x1MB Boxed (with cpu-cooler!) Socket AM2 ADX6400CZBOX

Harddrive: Samsung HD501LJ 500GB 7200rpm 16MB SATA2
    SAMHD501LJ

Memmorycard reader 30in1 intern 3.5" Black USB 2.0
    UCR-112

Soundcard: Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio Bulk (utan tillbehör)
    CREXFIXAB

\Monitor: Samsung 226BW 22" Wide TFT Svart Analog/DVI 2ms Widescreen
    SAM226BW

RAM: Corsair XMS2-6400 TWIN2X4096-6400C5 G 5-5-5-18 Xtreme 2x2048MB (tot. 4096MB) DDR2 PC2-6400 800MHz with Heatsink 4GBTWXD2800C5G

Graphicscard: BFG GeForce 9800GTX 512MB DDR3 TV-out HDTV DUAL DVI RETAIL PCI Express BFG98GTX

Reallly dont understand what the problem is.
    Please help me...

Daniel

2. Hypercite

Hypercite Thread Starter

problem solved!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/702946

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice