1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

New Computer won't turn on!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Gregory1234, Jan 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Gregory1234

Gregory1234 Thread Starter

HI everyone.

Recently i bought a new custom made computer from the online store Nirv Australia through ebay. I used it well for 1 day just installing anti virus and a few games and such nothing major, and then last night i went to dinner with the computer on and when i came back 20 mins later it was off. I cannot turn it on now. Although everytime i hit the reset button on the motherboard or turn the power off and then on and try to start it up all the fans and the blue lights will start up for a split second, (the lights flash blue and the fans move a tiny bit).

I've contacted the maker through email but they havn't replied and i was wondering if it was a small issue that could easily be delt with from the help of someone on here.

Has anyone ever encountered such a problem or can anyone help me with it?

Thanks so much.

2. norton850

norton850

Hi

I wish I could give you answer that would get your system up and running, but all the "usual" troubleshooting ideas most likely will void your warranty.

3. Gregory1234

Well if you have any idea what the problem might be that might help ease my conscious a bit as well. I wouldn't think it was anything major, i have barely even used the system, and the fact that i was not present when the problem occurred probably means its unlikely any physical damage has been done.

4. norton850

norton850

There is a sticky by crjdriver about troubleshooting problem builds. That will give you some idea of how to troubleshoot something like this. It might be something very simple like something is loose. No way to know without at least pulling the cover off. Again very easy to void a warranty so wouldn't do anything until you hear from them. Unfortunately.:(

5. MKCL

MKCL

This to me points to hardware so i would advise contacting the seller.

6. Gregory1234

Ok, well thanks guys, since it's sunday i've a bit to wait but it's still good to get your opinions. I appreciate your words in the matter.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!