1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

new computer?

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by adamtheaxe, Feb 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. adamtheaxe

adamtheaxe Thread Starter

Hi all,
    my computer has been plagued with viruses and spyware for about a year now and then when i moved another computer in, the spyware began to appear on there as well. My question is if I were to buy a brand new computer, would the spyware come right back? It sounds silly but it feels like it's in all the cables and lines.lol

thanks

2. vixenk

vixenk

No matter what computer you get, you're going to get spyware and viruses if you don't protect yourself or use anything to get rid of them. It's just a fact of internet life. Try getting Javacool Spyware Blaster to help prevent spyware, Ad Aware to get rid of any spyware you do get, AVG anti virus to get rid of viruses, and Zone Alarm firewall to fight hackers. You can find them all at www.download.com

3. adamtheaxe

adamtheaxe Thread Starter

Hi, thanks for your response. I do have protection. I've also had the site you recommended but when I scan for spyware, there are hundreds of traces and/or programs found. It just worries me if I spend $1,000 on a new computer only to have it come right back on within days.

Do Macs get spyware?

again, thanks for your response.
    adam

4. vixenk

vixenk

What programs do you use for protection? Have you tried using Mozilla Firefox?

I hope you don't mind me asking these questions, so don't answer them if you don't feel comfortable doing so, but what kind of websites do you visit? Are you a heavy web surfer? Do you often click on advertising links on webpages? Do you download free programs a lot? Could you tell me some of the names of the spyware that is persistant? I'm just asking these questions to try to help determine where all this spyware is coming from.

There are very few spyware programs designed for Macs because there is such a small amount of people using them *due to them being so expensive* that they're not really worth the spyware companies time. That's probably going to start changing soon though since Macintosh has just released their cheaper cMacs.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/329164

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice