new computer

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

vindem_2002

how do i know if my computer has a cd burner in it? need to make some music cd's.

bonk

Banned
Welcome,

Go My Computer and it should say CD-RW

Have you got any blank CD's on hand...if so try one.

vindem_2002

what would happen when i put a blank cd in? i do have one and will do it...just dont know what to look for?

bonk

Banned
Understood.....

Put the blank disk in and then find somethings you would like to copy to CD..(you cannot copy larger than the disk can hold)

Right click on a file and go to send to....
keep doing this until you have sent all the files you want to copy (no exceeding size of disk)
then go to My Computer and Double click on your CD drive Icon
And on the upper left you should see Write these files to CD
Click on that and follow the prompts.

vindem_2002

i found music from windows media player...but its showing that drive D: has no disk in it..?and i have one in there?

bonk

Banned
And if you put a CD in there with something on it what happens..?

What disk type did you put in the drive for a blank one.

vindem_2002

i put a dvd in before and was able to watch the movie. the blank CD is CD-R recordable.memorex.. 52x 80 min 700 MB

bonk

Banned
This PC comes with optional drive Your choice of CD Burner/DVD Combo Drive or DVD Burner (DVD+/-RW5) drive for ultimate scalability.

When you go to My Computer what does it say it is?

bonk

Banned
No you don't need to format...

Try another blank CD maybe your PC doesn't like those disks

vindem_2002

those r all i have. comp is less than a year old...never burned anything yet...do i need software?

DoubleHelix

Banned
What operating system is it running? If it's only a year old, it should be running Windows XP or Windows Media Center which don't need special software. You can burn music CDs from Windows Media Player or data CDs by dragging and dropping files and clicking Burn in the menu on the left part of the window.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online