"New" Context Menu driving me crazy!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

janlafata

I hate the fact that many programs will install an option/icon in the context menu and not always give you a way to shut it off. Case in point is my "New" Context Menu where I have been able, though registry edits to get rid of some of the lamer icons, like Bitmap image and Briefcase but not "Windows Live Call", which was put there because of installing Windows Live Messenger.

I'd love to be able to get rid of that somehow, but have not really centered in on the right registry entry to do so. I also tried the program "ContextEdit" but have not been able to get it to work on Vista x64.

Any other suggestions?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts