1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

New CPU Cooler

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by MH_Wadester, Jan 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. MH_Wadester

MH_Wadester Thread Starter

Hey lately i have currently been looking for a new cpu cooler considering that i still have the default stock cooler that came with the cpu and/or case...

Which isn't really doing its job too well not cooling and extremely loud (doesn't help that the computer is in the hottest room thats like a oven through out the day). I would like to aim for something between $30-60$ excluding postage costs (preferably something cheaper thats half decent).

I was wondering if you could recommend a good cpu cooler for me? I'll list all the main pieces of hardware in my case so you can have more information in as what i would be able to use.
    what i have:
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA790XT-UD4P
    PSU: 620W HX Corsair
    Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD4870 x1
    CPU: AMD Phenom II x 4 955
    Fans: 1 120mm bottom fan, 2x 120mm top exhaust, 1x120 rear exhaust
    Case: CM 690

Thats the main components of my computer and also i live in Australia so i dont know if all the products that might be good for me will be available.

PS: To save you having to read about it the motherboard is AM3 socket.

well thanks for help in advance.

2. replay

replay

3. Smety

Smety

4. inuyasha320

inuyasha320

I had a Corsair H50, ended up returning it, it works well but it didn't cool any better than my sunbeam core contact cooler 120mm

(Was hoping to get better temperatures for my phenom II x4 965 140 watt trying to keep it under 60C prime95 when overclocked.

5. MH_Wadester

MH_Wadester Thread Starter

so is the Zalman quite good? because i was sorta looking for something a bit cheaper that still performed relatively well (considering im not loaded) Someone told me that the CoolerMaster Hyper 212+ was a pretty good budget heatsink?

6. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

7. Smety

Smety

Oh bummer! Personally I love mine, but to each their own.

I have heard great things about that particular cooler as well. In fact, a friend of mine uses it right now in his machine (he has an Phenom Quad core, not sure which model) and he loves it. So, you can't go wrong with either of those (the Zalman or the CoolerMaster) :)

Here's the link for the CM: http://www.techbuy.com.au/p/133884/COOLING_CPU_FANS/CoolerMaster/RR-B10-212P.asp

8. inuyasha320

inuyasha320

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/975135

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice