New custom built PC keeps restarting at startup

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

crysiq

I just bought a new gigabyte mobo, processor, PSU, Graphics card, and RAM (and used it to build a new system along with my old harddrive). I installed it all correctly and my computer starts up but then keeps restarting when it gets to the windows loading screen. I can only access bios and that sort of stuff.what could the problem be? My friend says it might be because my hard drive has windows 7 64 bit installed and there is a chance that the motherboard only supports 32bit. He also said i might need to boot with a windows recovery/repair disk since i am installing a new motherboard. Are these possible options? Thanks

Specs:
GA-M68MT-S2P motherboard
DDR3 ram
Ati radeon 6870
AMD phenom 840 X4
OCZ fatality 550w psu
320gb HDD

dustyjay

Jay
If the windows installation was from another set of hardware (Motherboard), it is looking for the old hardware and not finding it. The best thing to do is a Clean install of Windows, and all of the New Drivers for the new Motherboard.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online