1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

New Daylight Savings Time Dates

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by Old Bob, Feb 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Old Bob

Old Bob Thread Starter

With the NEW daylight savings times, the Win 98 & ME automatic updates will no longer work.

Here is a "patch" to solve this problem.

http://erpman1.tripod.com/w98meupd.html

Scroll down to the first line of yellow printing [about 1 inch] and click on "Mdgx.com" link.
    This will give you a download window.

I installed this on Win98SE in both my desktop & notebook, BUT we'll not know if it "works" until March 11th !!!

2. coderitr

coderitr

3. hewee

hewee

I got 98SE too and was wondering about what to do. I will wait and see what happen to you guys first.

I got Dimension 4 v5.0 that starts when I bootup to synchronize my time with a atomic clock I pick.
    http://www.thinkman.com/dimension4/index.htm

So ready I just need to fix the nag screen on the time change being on the wrong day now.

4. Old Bob

Old Bob Thread Starter

hewee,

What I assumed would happen without a "patch" would be -

1) On March 11th you will have to manually advance the clock one hour to get on the correct time.

2) On April 1st Win98's automatic correction would move the clock ahead another hour, then you would have to manually set the clock back to the correct time.

5. hewee

hewee

Bob,

March 11 when I turn on my PC, Dimension 4 v5.0 will synchronize my time with a atomic clock.

Then on April 1st windows will give me the popup till me the time is not right and can check it and ok my way out.
    I just don't know if it will do this each day or the one time without the patch.

6. bearone2

bearone2 Banned

yes if you selected dst when the time was setup during the install.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/544155

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice