1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

new Dell computer/old Dell printer

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by burton0303, Mar 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. burton0303

burton0303 Thread Starter

I have connected my old Dell printer AIO 924 to my new Dell XPS 8500. I can't seem to figure out how to scan. I had no trouble with my old computer, but can't scan since connecting to my new XPS 8500. Can anyone help me please? Do I have to get A new driver? If so, where do I get it? Thanks for any help you can give me.

2. Sponsor

3. etaf

etaf Moderator

4. burton0303

burton0303 Thread Starter

5. etaf

etaf Moderator

6. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

Burton:

A software driver package for that Dell all-in-one probably needs to be installed in order for ALL of its features to work.

If it's using a generic driver from Windows 7, the print feature will work, but not the scan feature.

If the Windows Vista software driver package and compatibility mode doesn't work, you'll probably need to buy an all-in-one that's supported by Windows 7.

I've been fortunate with all 3 of my HP all-in-one's because the company has continued to provide software driver packages for each new Windows version and allows all their features to work.

-----------------------------------------------------------

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1093626