New digital camera!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

powers

Hi I am confused. I have a Canon mp700 multifunction printer, that is compatible with certain types of memory card for digital cameras. I am looking at a few cameras to buy and some of them mention xD memory cards but my printer documentation does not mention these. Does that mean I won.t be able to buy a camera that has an xd memory card. ( I'm sorry if I sound thick but i have never had a digital camera before) :confused:

You can buy a camera with an xD card and it will work fine with your computer. You can download the images to the computer through either the camera or a cradle with the supplied USB cable.

What you couldn’t do is use the card reader in the multifunction device. If you make prints directly from the card using pictbridge that might be a disadvantage. I would never consider printing something without taking it through the image editor first.

Most cameras anymore have fairly high speed connections as do the cradles if a camera comes with one. My preference is to not remove the card from the camera and just download through the camera. I have an older camera that is quite slow and I use a card reader for it. But my newer cameras never have the cards removed from them.

powers

Thanks for that advice. Have ordered a camera now so when it comes will use the usb rather than the memory card as you say.

Thanks again (y)

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Just a tip, the xD cards cost more than other cards, like SD cards on many digital cameras. I'm sure you will want to pick up a spare or two.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online