1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved new drive install - disk boot failure - insert system disk..

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by crankyoldgoat, Dec 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crankyoldgoat

crankyoldgoat Thread Starter

got a bad rootkit - installed a new drive - brand new 2T seagate. I cleared the cmos, chose "load optimized settings" and then set the sata onchip controller to ahci, changed boot order to "boot from cdrom". Popped in the win7 full home pro version and got this error. I remember I had this same exact error when I first built the system several years ago and it aggravated me for weeks before I finally resolved it. I can't remember how, I just remember that it was something ridiculously simple.

Everything is working fine. The bios recognizes both the new hard drive and the cdrom in the bios and the POST sequence. I've been trying everything I can think of for hours now. Someone has got to know what this is... driving me bonkers. Thanks.

2. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    If it's a newer motherboard, you may have to disable UEFI (at least I think that's what I read somewhere).

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1182372

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice