1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

new drive-ssd-followed by-boot menu+audio problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Miikka, Sep 18, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. Miikka

Miikka Thread Starter

Hi!

So I've had SSD-upgrade from hard disk drive to Kingston A400 -480Gb. Followed by Every now and then to boot to the boot menu - nothing is done there- and more and more problem with audio when streaming the net f.ex. with YouTube, it makes that poor rap sound similar to ones back in the days when vinyl-disks were the thing and they used to pull the vinyl disk against the microphone- to make that scratching sound. Scratch is the word I'm looking for, yes. It gets worse, make me think the problem is in the audio. Well, I can't tell that it isn't - these may be two different problemes - and I'm asking help !?

Then I've installed some new drivers, including bios-X550LC.405

Intel Driver&Support Assistant used to update some new drivers what the program suggested to be installed.

In the Desktop in Windows- it tells that Windows is the antivirus program!! I don't know why this software tells that I have Emsisoft Anti-Malware Home, Enabled and Updated- which I had for one month period and uninstalled it after that.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4200U CPU @ 1.60GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 69 Stepping 1

Processor Count: 4

RAM: 8075 Mb

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 720M, -2048 Mb

Hard Drives: C: 185 GB (46 GB Free); D: 238 GB (212 GB Free);

Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC., X550LC

Antivirus: Emsisoft Anti-Malware Home, Enabled and Updated

2. lynx1021

lynx1021

Did you clone to the new hard drive or install from scratch?

3. Miikka

Miikka Thread Starter

Hi Lynx! I think I did it with macrium reflect, and just cloned it to the SSD-drive.

4. lynx1021

lynx1021

It working ok with the mechanical drive before? The web site has some TouchPad, Utilities and ATK drivers. Didn't see audio drivers. May need them also. My brother has an HP laptop that he upgraded from windows 7 to 10 and one of the Windows 10 updates whacked his audio drivers causing noise and scratching and had a hard time finding a solution. What is strange is if he runs it on battery only the noise goes away. He bought a new power supply but it didn't help. My brother finally said he changed to "hi performance power option" and it stopped.
    EDIT: If it does not want to boot to windows every time , try resetting your BIOS, it can be a pain on laptops, Check SSD https://www.techjunkie.com/tools-check-ssd-health/
    Crystal disk info https://crystalmark.info/en/

Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
  5. lynx1021

lynx1021

here is some YouTube info to try

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1233127

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice