New Drivers Messed Up?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

MizzRock

I updated my display drivers a while back, and now i can't watch youtube videos on full screen. It goes fullscreen but doesn't move, it's still playing but i can't see it. The time is stuck at where i clicked ''fullscreen'' at, when i highlight the pause icon it doesn't highlight, it's still clickable but doesn't highlight. I know i got the right drivers, I'm hoping i don't have to install the old ones and keep those. OH Also i installed the new drivers over the old, just a Fyi.

MizzRock

Ok i uninstalled and cleaned (driver sweeper) and i reinstalled. Still can't watch youtube videos in full screen.

techkid

David
That might not necessarily be a problem with your video drivers. I mean, do other sources (like DVDs or movie files on your computer) suffer the same problem?

Youtube uses Adobe Flash to run. This is a grab from their Help site:

Either audio or video don't work in full screen mode

If you have Adobe Flash Player 9.0.115.0 or later installed, read this Adobe article for help.

Find out your version of Adobe Flash Player at http://au.youtube.com/swf_test.html. (Note: Video will not play)

MizzRock

I uninstalled flash player and now i can;'t reinstall lol. It wont download, so i'm going through the steps to reinstalled flash player now, but the weird thing was that when i had the drivers uninstalled the videos worked on fullscreen, but it went black for a second before it showed up as fullscreen. So that's why i thought it was the drivers, i will keep trying to reinstall flash player. I had the beta of flash player (flash player 10) and i uninstalled. trying to get flash 9 now.

MizzRock

And yeah i can play videos on other sites and on windows media player, itunes etc.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online