new dvd burner

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

wallie215

We got a new DVD burner to replace the cd rom we currently have. It is a liteon internal DVD+R/+RW rewriter ..................... do I just swap them and reboot? I also have a nero 7 essentials disc in the box.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Yep, just make sure the old and new drivers are jumpered the same, that's all. :)

wallie215

I have no sound while playing DVD ............. I do when I play a audio cd .............. it has an old driver but I am not sure where to update the latest .............

wallie215

we have tried windows media player and the nero program
Picture is great................just no sound.

wallie215

I uninstalled nero 7 cause all it was doing was asking for money by needing plug-ins ......... I downloaded a trial version that was supposed to be good for 30 days but I used it 1 time and it said I needed to purchase the program to continue to use it so I uninstalled it. I then tried to use windows media player to play the dvd and now it wont even play the video and this is the error I get :
Windows Media Player cannot play the DVD because a compatible DVD decoder is not installed on your computer.

I don't want to purchase one and thats what it wants me to do ............. is there a better program I can use to do all my dvd stuff? burn,watch videos etc.... I am sure its alll in the decoding and thats why it wont work ................

wallie215

that looks like it will work but I want to be able to burn dvd and do more than just play them .............. I am going to DL the latest nero fix with my other program and instal it (if ya know what I mean )

wallie215 said:
we have tried windows media player and the nero program
Picture is great................just no sound.
This was the problem I was addressing and VLC should work.

I find that 'all in one software' doesn't work as well as specialized software. For watching DVD's I use Cyberlink PowerDVD, for burning I use Nero and for DVD authoring I use Ulead MovieFactory.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts