1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

new dvd burner

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by wallie215, Feb 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. wallie215

wallie215 Thread Starter

We got a new DVD burner to replace the cd rom we currently have. It is a liteon internal DVD+R/+RW rewriter ..................... do I just swap them and reboot? I also have a nero 7 essentials disc in the box.

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Yep, just make sure the old and new drivers are jumpered the same, that's all. :)

3. wallie215

wallie215 Thread Starter

I have no sound while playing DVD ............. I do when I play a audio cd .............. it has an old driver but I am not sure where to update the latest .............

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

How are you playing the DVD, what application?

5. wallie215

wallie215 Thread Starter

we have tried windows media player and the nero program
    Picture is great................just no sound.

6. MysticEyes

MysticEyes Banned

7. wallie215

wallie215 Thread Starter

I uninstalled nero 7 cause all it was doing was asking for money by needing plug-ins ......... I downloaded a trial version that was supposed to be good for 30 days but I used it 1 time and it said I needed to purchase the program to continue to use it so I uninstalled it. I then tried to use windows media player to play the dvd and now it wont even play the video and this is the error I get :
    Windows Media Player cannot play the DVD because a compatible DVD decoder is not installed on your computer.

I don't want to purchase one and thats what it wants me to do ............. is there a better program I can use to do all my dvd stuff? burn,watch videos etc.... I am sure its alll in the decoding and thats why it wont work ................

8. stantley

stantley

9. wallie215

wallie215 Thread Starter

that looks like it will work but I want to be able to burn dvd and do more than just play them .............. I am going to DL the latest nero fix with my other program and instal it (if ya know what I mean )

10. stantley

stantley

This was the problem I was addressing and VLC should work.

I find that 'all in one software' doesn't work as well as specialized software. For watching DVD's I use Cyberlink PowerDVD, for burning I use Nero and for DVD authoring I use Ulead MovieFactory.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/540752

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice