1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

New DVD, no sound

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by renegade X, Oct 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. renegade X

renegade X Thread Starter

Hello all, I have old movies that I converted to MPG2 with Nero Vision and I test them to verify sound. When I burn to a DVD there is no sound. I simply drop and drag as a UDF versus encoding to chapters to make a DVD, but some files work okay. Anyone know the cause of this?

2. MysticEyes

MysticEyes Banned

Why do it that way? Use Nero Vision from start to finished DVD. Or save Vision's output to a DVD compliant folder and use ImgBurn (free) in 'Build' mode for the final burn. Drag and Drop as a UDF is for DATA storage not a compliant, playable DVD movie.

3. renegade X

Mystic Eyes, it works at random, so I know the process will work (for progressive scan DVD players). Encoding to DVD can sometimes take overnight and I have a fast machine, so I try to avoid that. Perhaps it is a size limitation?

4. MysticEyes

MysticEyes Banned

Well I don't know what you mean by "a fast machine". My AMD 64 X2 5000+ averages about 2 hours for a conversion to DVD with a slower encoder like HCenc (2 passes using AVStoDVD) and about a half hour for a one pass encode with ConvertXtoDVD. Nero Vision 4 with 2 passes enabled takes a little over an hour tops.

5. renegade X

Mine is only a +3200, are you saying we do not have fast machines? Regardless of specs, someone please give me an idea of what is going on with this. Why does it work when it wants to? I have verified that if I do not exceed 2 GBs, the movies play sound just fine. Maybe I need to try other programs?

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/755404

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice