New "Event Viewer" Folder

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

8dalejr.fan

I updated my ATI video card drivers from the factory installed drivers to the Catalyst 5.11s today after installing Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 first.

After installing the new ATI drivers along with the Catalyst Control Centre as per the instructions on ATI's site, I noticed something in Event Viewer. In addition to the normal Application, Security, and System folders, a new one appears there called "ACEEventLog".

At the time that folder appeared, I noticed an Information event under "Application" that had to do with the creation of that new folder. In it, it mentions that it has to do with CLI.exe, which of course is a component of Catalyst Control Centre.

Is it safe to just ignore that new folder called ACEEventLog? I'm not sure why it is there, but I'm sure it appeared with the new ATI drivers because I check my Event Viewer on a daily basis.

I've attached some screenshots to explain what I'm talking about.

Attachments

8dalejr.fan

Now that I have shut the computer off and turned it back on later, events were added to that new folder.

I've attached 2 more pics- one at 6:51pm that occurred when I logged off the computer, and the one from 7:10pm occurred when I turned it back on later.

Do these things mean anything? Are they harmless if I don't do anything about them?

Rollin' Rog, Cookiegal... someone help me please.

It sounds like this thread over here, but I'm not sure what to do:

http://www.developersdex.com/asp/message.asp?p=2911&r=4585665

Attachments

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Staff online

Members online