1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

New Firefox wont play embeded media

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by khall06, Jan 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. khall06

khall06 Thread Starter

everytime I try to watch various clips online, the windows..umm..window lol will show up..says ready, but no video.

when I right click it shows error details, sayin add the media again or im not connected to the internet but i oviously am. this doesnt crash FF or anythin..just doesnt play..samewith quicktime files. for example, tryin to stream a podcast on www.majornelson.com

i have klite mega codec pack installed.

it mighthelp to mention my itunes wont work either..wont even open up at all now..but it was workin b4..could the codecs have a issue with it? but i cant see why codecs would stop things from workin

anyways help would be appreciated, donations availble apon help

i wasnt even helped with my last prob a month or so ago..so i hope i get help this time..great site either way

2. Augie65

Augie65

Did you install the plug-ins for the different players? Firefox is separate from Windows and even if the plug-ins are in windows you have to install them in Firefox. Type about:plugins in the address bar of Firefox and hit Enter. Do you have the plug-ins listed? Guide to install plug-ins. Here are guides for plug-ins troubleshooting.

3. khall06

khall06 Thread Starter

i got it workin but im not sure how..the media ive tried before works now. i was on the sites u gave me before i made a post on here..ive tried multiple solutions ..didnt work..the last thing i tried i was lookin for the active x plugin..couldnt find it..then i tried the video again and it worked.

fro mthat site i downloaded a wmp plugin for netscape as well as added 3 dlls to the firefox plugin page..but that didnt work when i tried..guess it took a bit to work

thnx anyways

oh and when i tried those sites in IE..(NSFW)gorillamask.net. i could go to the main page..but when i clicked on the video..it opens a seperate window which is blank..doesnt show any staus or loadin or anything like that..doesnt even say done or error i nthe status bar

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/535796

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice