1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

New Folder Appears Under Local Disk (C:)

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by swats404, Oct 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. swats404

swats404 Account Closed Thread Starter

Attached Files:

2. zabusant

zabusant

well, at first glance the files look like save-files. Silly question, have you installed any new games recently (or uninstalled, but chose to keep the savegames)? Could be I'm completely wrong though!

3. swats404

swats404 Account Closed Thread Starter

AusLogics Registry Degrag is the last program I downloaded, but I cannot recall the last program that I uninstalled. I deleted this folder about 4 days ago, but I noticed about a couple days that it reappeared.

4. WhitPhil

WhitPhil Gone but never forgotten Trusted Advisor

Did you do a Registry Defrag a couple of days ago?
    The RD may stand for that. And each TMP file is a backup of a registry hive.

If not, when the files reappear,note the day/time of creation and determine what was running at the time.

5. zabusant

zabusant

Well, if you were in fact playing a game, that used this folder for savegames, and deleted it - the next time you played the game and saved, it would of course reappear. Moreover, it makes sense then, that the names would start at a higher number (25) and not 1, since this would be your 25. savegame. Of course it doesn't have to be a game, but any program you are using. If you want to find out which program, simply delete the folder again (or better yet, simply move it - so you can replace it if need be) and try using any programs you've used in the past couple of days - then check when the folder reappeares. Good luck!

6. pargeter

pargeter

Do you have a Canon camera? If so, I think this may be a temporary folder made when you plug the camera in to USB.

7. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

The HijackThis log would it be possible for it to be posted in the open forum instead of in an attachment and zipped? Please unzip it and repost so everyone can see including the HJT experts?

8. zabusant

zabusant

BTW, this is a month and a half old!:)

9. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

Somehow I do not think that this is going to get answered soon. I hate just getting up it takes too long for reading dates and things.<g>

10. ThePrutser

ThePrutser

I have experienced this once and for me it turned out to be left-over folders from Microsoft Updates. These are temporary folders and can be safely deleted, the update "forgot" to delete them.

The post is rather old, be it is not clear to me if the issue has been solved or not...

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!