1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

New Forum Suggestion

Discussion in 'Site Help, Feedback, & Announcements' started by Time Warrior, Jan 22, 2007.

Advertisement
  1. Time Warrior

Time Warrior Thread Starter

"Funny Tech Support Stories" -- any good Technician has no shortage of these. It would be interesting to hear about the sick, twisted, bizarre and pathetic when it comes to dealing with the shallow end of the gene pool in giving customer support.

Of course -- all morons must be kept "anonymous" and can not be revered to by real names, just in case any where to stumble upon this website and happened to be in a libel suit kind of mood when they stumbled accross it.

Dave aka Twarrior
    Boycott RIAA

2. iltos

iltos

methinks its been done....there's a few threads buried in here someplace that were started on that theme :)

3. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

We get mountains of suggestions for new forums, normally from new members. ;)

Why not stick around for a few months and see how the old forums work before you start rearranging the furniture here?

4. ferrija1

ferrija1

Those would go in the Reviews section and there are only 15,804 posts there so a "Funny Tech Support Stories" section would be tiny.

5. Time Warrior

Time Warrior Thread Starter

I did not notice a forum that would indicate that funny tech stories would be on topic. You might be surprised at how many might actually get posted if you made one. But -- making a suggestion is not reareranging the furniture (you know, that line is starting to become horribly cliche lol -- especially seeing as it always seems to be mentioned when someone makes a suggestion or has an opinion or inquiry that may not be the same as some others around here -- what an interesting pattern). I think i've got the right to make the suggestion and Mike has the right to take it or not, as he pleases, because he's the one who runs the place and he'll do whatever he wants to :) But that doesn't mean I can't make the suggestion. I mean, its a forum, right? :) Oh, and it's also the suggestions area! I'm on topic, and everything!

6. JohnWill

It also doesn't mean that I can't offer my opinion on the suggestion. ;)

7. MMJ

MMJ Guest

Most requests here aren't met with much enthusiasm. :)

8. Lurker1

Lurker1

9. Yankee Rose

Yankee Rose

Don't take it personally, Time Warrior. They always jump on the "newer people" here with that furniture comment. :)

And us old-timers .... they just ignore our tech suggestions, too. Unless of course it is Random or CD. :rolleyes:

10. JohnWill

If it's a good suggestion it gets consideration. OTOH, if we responded to every suggestion, all Mike would have time to do is modify the board software and organization. I prefer to give him time to do stuff like the recent Server 3 installation to ease the load. ;) Besides, I live close enough that I don't want his wife showing up here with a shotgun because we keep him too busy working on TSG! :eek: :D

11. MMJ

MMJ Guest

I agree but you guys are a bit rough... ;)

12. Augie65

Augie65

That's what keeps the sniper cat so busy, shooting down bad ideas.:p

13. JohnWill

I'm running out of ammo, where's the ammo truck when you really need it??? :eek: :p :D

14. Blackmirror

Blackmirror

Any chance of a chocolate forum..:p

just a little one:) :)

Please:D

15. MMJ

MMJ Guest

I was just reading about a new chocolate forum in another forum I visit! This disease must be spreading! :D

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/537389

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice